Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hoo Boy

God is mad at America! Chocolate City! This is good medicine! When I was a kid, my family would play a card game called 31 at every Thanksgiving and Christmas gathering. 31 was like blackjack, more or less, and every hand called for each player to toss a dime into the pot. Everyone started with three dimes; when you had thrown in your last dime, you still got to play one more hand -- my grandmother called it "on your honor." If you won that hand, you were back in the game; if you didn't, you were out and that was that. Ray Nagin is on his honor. One more chance, big guy. And let's try to keep the crazy talk to a minimum, okay? No more angry Gods, no more dragging loons to DC to talk about levee bombings, no more who-cares-about-Uptown, or I can guarantee your fall from grace and removal from public office will be so specacular it will become the stuff of legends. A reminder to my vast New York publishing readership: I'll cover the Mardi Gras for your publication. See post below. greg at suspect-device dot com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

We called having no coins left, being "on a cloud." Which also works for Nagin, I think.

1/17/2006 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home