Tuesday, February 21, 2006

President Discusses Port Security

Oh my sweet baby Jesus. Right from the horse's mouth. How did this happen? How did this gibbering, incoherent, inarticulate imbecile end up the most powerful man in the world? How does "values" translate to "selling out American port security?" Dig it:
"I think it sends a terrible signal to friends around the world that it's okay for a company from one country to manage the port, but not a country that plays by the rules and has got a good track record from another part of the world can't manage the port." "This company operates all around the world. I have the list somewhere." "I really don't understand why it's okay for a British company to operate our ports, but not a company from the Middle East" "I want those who are questioning it to step up and explain why all of a sudden a Middle Eastern company is held to a different standard than a Great British [sic] company. I'm trying to conduct foreign policy now by saying to people of the world, we'll treat you fairly." "There is a process in place where we analyze -- where the government analyzes many, many business transactions, to make sure they meet national security concerns. And I'm sure if you -- careful review, this process yielded a result that said, yes, a deal should go forward." "One of my concerns, however, is mixed messages. And the message is, it's okay for a British company, but a Middle Eastern company -- maybe we ought not to deal the same way. It's a mixed message. You put interesting words in your question, but I just view -- my job is to do what I think is right for the country. I don't intend to have a fight. If there's a fight, there is one, but nor do I view this as a political issue."
There's a word for guys like you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home