Monday, May 01, 2006

Suspect Device

New comic up.

EDIT: Greetings, First Draft readers! I'm in the middle of a busy week, so I doubt I'll be posting for a while, but please look around, check out the comic archives, and generally trash the place and put your feet on the furniture. There's ripple in the fridge.

A little background: Suspect Device has been a fixture in south Louisiana since 1997 (or thereabouts), appearing for the last 8 years in Gambit Weekly New Orleans, and has appeared every now and then in the Chicago Reader. It's been nominated for an AAN Award, has won four New Orleans Press Club Awards, a bunch of Lousiana Press Association awards, a School Bell Award for Excellence in Education Journalism (!) and been featured in a national anthology of alternative cartoons edited by Ted Rall. Fortune magazine recently featured a four-page comic story that was Suspect Device in all but name.

I am given to understand that John Goodman once described the strip as "World-fuckin'-class", while former governor Mike Foster is alleged to have dismissed it with "Nobody reads that shit." I don't know which comment delights me more.

Please note that the cartoons never stopped; while Gambit recovered from the storm (they lost everything, pretty much, and are just now moving back into their old digs), I turned my normally Lafayette-Louisiana-local-interest-only cartoon Snake Oil into a vehicle for Katrina/Rita commentary. Scroll to the bottom to see the first post-apocalypse cartoon.

Thanks for the pimpage, Scout!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are so fucking master-degree smart, find a better target than Pat Robertson (or Bayh Buchanan) you weasly retarded commie smallminded-butfucking-lying-to-your-wife-about-your-extracuricular-splooging-bastard, even my little kid says you are an assmonkey and my SWAT buds have your photo. You should never sleep. Be very careful about the cigars you smoke.

Hu Yo Mama

5/01/2006 07:06:00 PM  
Blogger Suspect Device said...

I told you never to call me here.

5/02/2006 05:38:00 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Ah, the old too-much-education attack. A very indicting indicator of our society.

If ever I'm as famous as John Goodman (or you for that matter), you can say that I think your cartoons are good enough to be banned at Wal-Mart.

5/02/2006 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home