Monday, June 26, 2006

RightBlog by Carl Tritschler

I thought about taking this apart line by line and crushing each sqirming little idiocy with my heel, but I just can't work up a lather. Why would any legitimate newpaper give this retard a column? It's appalling. I thought TOA was dumb -- well, let me rephrase that -- I STILL think TOA is stupid for carrying Michael Reagan, who is just as ignorant but at least has a marquee name and can construct a sentence. There's no excuse for giving Carl column inches that could be taken up with something far more edifying, like the Jumble or maybe a nice bridge column. Are there no grown-up republicans left in the world?

2 Comments:

Anonymous spinn said...

Ugh. I couldn't read Carl's column, because every time his picture came up, my hand jumped up in an undeniable urge to slap him one. But here's a great bit from Reagan's article, "Sunnis and Dems ... Brothers Under the Skin":

It's a case of "anything goes," as demonstrated by their recent idol, the late Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Killing their fellow Iraqis -- including women and children -- by the hundreds, destroying the infrastructure, and depriving their fellow Iraqis of electricity, water and income from oil are all acceptable methods of expressing their lust for power.

Yup! Just like the Democrats. Cogent point, Mr. Reagan!

6/26/2006 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

If I hadn't had to suffer through years of Tritschler's awful letters, I would think that he was a satirist. His column bounces rapidly from bugaboo to bugaboo...always the mark of a true intellectual. I recall the conservatives at the Vermilion always doing that, as if fleshing out a single issue for 500 words was an impossible proposition for them.

Tritschler and Reagan are two of a kind: presumably chosen out of some bizarre definition of "balance," yet they unintentionally show the ridiculousness of their positions.

I don't blame you for avoiding a line-by-line rebuttal, Greg. That would only encourage the myth that there's points to be had here.

6/27/2006 07:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home